Mortgage fraud is a crime that hurts homeowners, families, communities, businesses, and the economy. Despite the efforts of many, mortgage fraud schemes are on the rise. The scammers — adapting to economic changes and modifications in lending practices. The FBI estimates that annual losses these schemes add up to more than $10 billion dollars.
As a Victim Service Provider, you are on the frontline of helping victims of mortgage fraud. NCPC has many resources and tools to help you understand mortgage fraud, find out about the newest fraud schemes hatched by fraudsters, and tools to help victims.
What is Mortgage Fraud?
• Foreclosure rescue schemes
• Loan modification schemes
• Illegal property flipping
• Builder bailout/condo conversion
• Equity skimming
• Silent second
• Home equity conversion
NCPC helps you fight for victims
We have created a FREE online Mortgage Fraud Toolkit to help Victim Service Providers combat mortgage fraud. The kit includes:
• A complete fact sheet called Mortgage Fraud Fact Sheet for Victim Service Providers and Attorneys.
• Free Podcasts filled with information to help you support victims of mortgage fraud.
• Free Resources Guide which includes counseling service providers and where to report fraud.
We encourage real estate professionals, attorneys, housing counselors, law enforcement officials, mortgage lenders, and other victim service providers to access the many free tools available in the Mortgage Fraud Toolkit. We help you – you help them.