We all know the Halloween parties that are hosted on campus grounds each year can get hectic sometimes. Heck we probably attended one that ended up in a disaster because safety measures weren’t considered. This year before you attend Halloween parties on campus please consider these safety tips below and the party will be a blast!
1) Go with a group of friends you know and trust
2) Make sure someone is monitoring who is entering the party.
3) Make sure the door is locked at all times
4) Be cautious when approaching strangers in costume.
5) Beware of impersonators
6) Report any suspicious activity
7) If drinking, don’t leave your drink unattended, and never accept a drink from someone you don’t know.
8) Use the buddy system when walking around campus.
9) Make a plan to get home safely if you’re not staying on campus.
10) Put an emergency number in your cell phone such as campus security, your friend’s and maybe even your friend’s roommate. If you get lost or separated, you’ll want to know who to call. Also, carry your cell phone on you at all times.
11) Don’t drink excessively, know your limit.
As long as you follow these tips your Halloween party should go well without any unnecessary safety distractions. For more information please visit www.ncpc.org .